Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux Training
Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (course 3089) is designed to provide hands-on experience using the Linux platform to host Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 services. This course should reduce the fear of migrating to Linux the services currently running on NetWare.
Students in this course should be current NetWare 6 or Novell Open Enterprise Server NetWare CNEs, or have equivalent experience with the NetWare 6, 6.5, or Open Enterprise Server for NetWare product. This includes strong experience with the following:
- NetWare 6 or later server administration
- Novell Storage Services (NSS)
- Novell Client Protocol (NCP)
- Novell eDirectory
- Certificate Server
- Novell iFolder
- Novell iPrint
- Novell NetStorage
- Novell iManager
- Novell iMonitor
- Novell Remote Manager
The audience for this course is the community of NetWare Certified Novell Engineers (CNEs) who are interested in moving, or are planning to move, their servers from NetWare to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 or are planning to add Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 servers to their existing network.
It is assumed that the audience for this course is interested in obtaining the Novell Certified Engineer (NCE) Enterprise Services certification.
This course covers a broad range of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Introduction Section
- Introduction to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Install Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Manage Boot Process and Run Levels Section
- Manage File Systems and Volumes
- Manage User and File Security
- Manage Packages, Processes, and Services
- Translate NetWare Tasks to Linux Server Administration Tasks
- Install and Manage Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 Services on Linux
- Manage Storage and Volumes
This course helps prepare your for the Novell Certified Engineer (NCE-ES) certification (050-709).
Novell Certified Engineer certification objectives are covered in two courses, Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (3089) and Deploying Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (3090).
For more information, see our NCE-ES certification page.
|This is traditional instructor-led classroom training. Students are taught in person using classroom
computers for labs.
||Materials used in the classroom are provided. No instructor or computers provided. Can be studied at
student's own pace.
|Length: 5 Days
More Info about In-Classroom
Order Self-Study Kit
Back to List of Courses
Prices do not include applicable taxes.