Novell Identity Manager 4: Administration Training
Novell Identity Manager 4 is a new family of products designed to help you manage identity across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. With Novell Identity Manager 4: Administration (Course 3109) you will learn the core functionality and administration techniques common to all versions of Novell Identity Manager 4. In this course, you will learn to use the embedded identity vault, run basic reports, check driver states, manage policies, and more. If you are managing identities in your enterprise and using Novell Identity Manager 4 Advanced Edition or Standard Edition, this course provides a solid foundation for understanding and administering this industry-leading product.
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of directories and directory concepts.
This course is for anyone administering identities in an enterprise using Novell Identity Manager 4. People familiar with previous versions of Novell Identity Manager should also take this course. Novell Identity Manager 4 contains a new architecture and many inclusions and enhancements not found in previous versions.
By taking this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the architecture of Novell Identity Manager 4
- Understand the structure and schema of the embedded identity vault
- Use the Novell Identity Manager 4 tools to perform administrative tasks such as performing traces and checking driver states
- Manage policies
- Manage connected systems
- Perform health checks
- Run reports common to all versions of Novell Identity Manager 4
This course follows the basic outline and covers the topics shown below:
- SECTION 1 - Describe Novell Identity Manager 4
- SECTION 2 - Identity Manager Components/Architecture
- SECTION 3 - Review Novell Identity Manager Deployment Guidelines
- SECTION 4 - Identity Manager Administration
- SECTION 5 - Designer
- SECTION 6 - Configure Identity Manager Drivers
- SECTION 7 - Manage Policies and Filters
- SECTION 8 - Implement Identity Manager Password Synchronization
- SECTION 9 - Identity Manager JOBs
- SECTION 10 - Work Order Driver
- SECTION 11 - User Application
- SECTION12 - Implement Identity Manager Reporting
- SECTION 13 - Auditing
- APPENDIX A - eDirectory Fundamentals
This course helps prepare you for the Certified Novell Identity Manager Administrator (CNIMA) certification exam (#050-730).
|This is traditional instructor-led classroom training. Students are taught in person using classroom
computers for labs.
||Still instructor-led, this method allows students to participate remotely using a home or office computer with a
microphone and earphones. Classroom computers are used over the Internet to complete labs.
||Materials used in the classroom are provided. No instructor or computers provided. Can be studied at
student's own pace.
|Length: 5 Days
||Length: 5 Days
More Info about In-Classroom
More Info about Live Online
Order Self-Study Kit
Back to List of Courses
Prices do not include applicable taxes.